If you forget your password to the Sharp Portal for a SharpZ3 system, you can reset the password using the I forgot my password button on the Sharp Portal logon screen.
What you should know
- To reset a lost password, you need the yellow Important information sticker
that was shipped with the SharpZ3 unit. If
you do not have the sticker, you must contact the AutoVu™ Support team.
- If you don’t see the I forgot my password link on the Sharp Portal logon screen, it means the Sharp Portal has never been accessed and still uses the default Username: admin and Password: Genetec. You are prompted to change the default password when you access the Sharp Portal for the first time.
- From the Sharp Portal logon screen, click I forgot my password.
Enter the 32-character Unit access code.
You can find the code on the yellow sticker that was provided with the SharpZ3 unit.
- Click Next.
Press and hold the joystick on the SharpZ3
base unit for two seconds.
This step ensures that the password cannot be reset remotely.NOTE: If you do not press the joystick within two hours, the password recovery operation is canceled.
- When prompted, enter and confirm the new Sharp Portal password.
The message The portal password has been changed is displayed.
You are redirected to the logon page.
- Log on to the Sharp Portal using your new password.
- Store your password safely for future use.
- Click Connect.