[KBA-00475] How to determine the HIP version installed on an Omnicast™ server
This article explains how to determine the Omnicast™ Hardware Integration Package (HIP) version that is installed on a server.
Hardware Integration Packages (HIPs) were first introduced in Omnicast™ 4.4 to increase the set of supported video units. HIPs add new features and resolved issues for existing Omnicast™ systems.When reporting an issue to the Genetec™ Technical Assistance Center, it is very important to inform us if a HIP is installed on the server.
- Open the Omnicast™ Server Admin.
- Under the Archiver, select the Generic Plus Extension and click the Drivers tab.
- In the Versions column, it lists the current version of Omnicast™ that is installed.
- In Windows, open the Programs and features window.
- In the installed programs list, select the Genetec Omnicast 4.x
Hardware Integration.The HIP version is listed.NOTE: In some older Windows versions, such as Windows XP or 2003, you have to click Click here for support information link to view the HIP version.