The OPC Server plugin is installed separately from the Security Center system.
Before you begin
- Read the release notes for any known issues, limitations, supported firmware, and other information about this release.
- Install Security Center 5.5 SR2 or later on the server.
- Check that your Security
Center license has a valid certificate for the OPC
Server plugin.NOTE: The license number is included in the product-release email sent by the product manager of Genetec Inc. This email also includes links to the plugin download package and other license information.
- Close Config Tool and Security Desk.
You must install the plugin on the Security Center client and server computers.
What you should know
- If your Security Center system consists of a single server, install the plugin on that server.
- If you have a multi-server Security Center system, install the plugin on an expansion server.
- Download the OPC Server installation package from the GTAP Product Downloads page.
- Double-click the setup.exe file and follow the installation instructions in the wizard.
On the Installation Wizard Completed page, click Finish.
IMPORTANT: The Restart Genetec Server option is selected by default. You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec Server right away. However, you must restart the Genetec Server to complete the plugin installation.
On the computer where you installed the OPC Server plugin, install the OPC Local Discovery Server (LDS.exe) from https://opcfoundation.org/developer-tools/developer-kits-unified-architecture/local-discovery-server-lds.
A Local Discovery Server (LDS) is only required if you want OPC Clients to discover the existence of the OPC Server plugin, the OPC Server URL, and supported connection parameters through the LDS.
Create the OPC Server plugin role.