To benefit from the most recent features and security improvements, it is recommended to upgrade the unit's SharpOS software from the Sharp Portal.
Before you begin
- Transfer all plate reads that are saved locally on the Sharp unit. Locally-saved plate reads might be lost when updating the SharpOS.
- Ensure you are following the correct upgrade path for the Sharp unit. For more information, see Supported SharpOS update paths.
What you should know
- If Firmware shows the message Out of date, update the SharpOS package.
- You can also update a SharpV firmware directly from Config Tool. For more information, see Upgrading SharpV unit firmware.
- SharpOS 14.x is
compatible with SharpV G3 units; SharpOS 13.x is compatible with SharpV G2 and G1 units. For more information, see
Supported SharpOS update paths.
You can identify the hardware version of a SharpV using the part number on the back of the unit.
Hardware version Part number format SharpV G3 AU-V-WS850-LC-G3-xxx SharpV G2 AU-V-WS850-LC-G2 SharpV G1 AU-V-WS850-LC
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- Download the update package from GTAP. Save the .gpack file on the local machine you are using to log on to the Sharp Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, select Maintenance.
- In the Packages section, click the Update button for the SharpOS.
In the Update package dialog box, choose when to run the
- Click Now to run the update immediately.
- Click Specific date to schedule the update for off-peak hours.
Click Add a package, find the update
.gpack file, and then click
NOTE: The new and old file names must match.
Acknowledge the warnings and click Update or click
Schedule if you set a specific date for the update.
IMPORTANT: Whether you configure the update for Now or for a Specific date, the package is transferred to the Sharp unit immediately. Do not close or navigate away from the browser page until the transfer is complete.The files are transferred to the Sharp unit and the update process begins.NOTE: At certain points in the update process, the progress bar might not move for several minutes. It can take up to 30 minutes to complete the update.
If the update is successful, the new version is displayed and the History displays that the update Succeeded.