Genetec Inc. collects information about your system usage to help improve its products and anticipate customer needs. You choose how your data is collected during the installation of Security Center.
How is data collected?
- Yes, I want to participate
- (Default) You agree to share your system data and your system ID with
Genetec Inc. to facilitate
proactive support and improve communication.Two types of data are being collected:
- Health data
- Directories, roles, units, and entities that you have in your system, and their availability (up and down times).
- System configuration data
- Machines, operating systems, and installed Genetec™ products and their versions.
If you are a Genetec™ Advantage customer, you can monitor your system data from a single place, through the System Availability Monitor page on GTAP. The data is updated close to real time (every 15 minutes). To benefit from this service, you must enter your activation code, which you can obtain from GTAP.
- Yes, I want to participate, but anonymously
- You agree to share your system data with us, but you want that information to remain anonymous. We will not receive any data (system ID, machine names, entity names) that identify your company. No activation code is required. Health data is anonymized by your local System Availability Monitor Agent (SAMA) before being sent to a dedicated Health Monitoring Service in the cloud. No identifiable data will ever leave your network. We use the anonymized data you share for statistical purposes. No one can access your data through GTAP.
- No, I do not want to participate
- No data is collected for product improvement.
For more information, see Installing the Security Center main server.