A programming station is a USB device that connects to a computer and that charges and programs electronic keys. In Security Center this device is represented by the Programming station entity. To establish the connection, add the programming station entity in Config Tool, and then initialize the programming station from the Genetec Medeco XT Key Programmer service.
Before you begin
What you should know
- You must initialize each programming station in your system.
- Medeco only supports a single Medeco XT programming station per computer. If you need multiple programming station at a single location, you need a computer for each programming station.
To initialize a Medeco programming station:
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the plugin role from the entity browser, and click the Properties tab.
Click Create connection file, enter a file name, and then save
the XML file to a shared folder on your network.
The connection file contains the IP endpoint information for all related Security Center servers; including, the public port and the private port over which the plugin communicates with the Key Programmer, and a certificate that authenticates the connection to the Key Programmer.
Add a programming station to the plugin role:
Right-click the Medeco XT plugin role, click Add an entity
Medeco XT programming station.
In the Name field, enter a unique name that identifies the
location of your programming station.
For example: Reception MXT Programming Station.
Click the Generate button.
A secret ID is generated and saved to the clipboard.
Click Save and close.
A new programming station entity is added to the plugin role. The entity is red because it is not yet communicating with to the physical station.
- Right-click the Medeco XT plugin role, click Add an entity (), select Medeco XT programming station.
To connect to the physical programming station:
- Insert the Desktop USB programming station in a USB port of your computer.
- On the same computer, start the Genetec Medeco XT Key Programmer application.
- In Key Programmer, from the Connection File field, browse to and open the XML connection file.
Right-click the Secret ID field, select
Paste, and then click Connect.
After you finish
- Configure the credentials for the keys.
- Insert a key in the programming station to upload access rules and the schedule.