If you want a different Archiver role to manage and control a video unit, for load distribution or another purpose, you can move the unit to another Archiver using the Move unit tool.
Before you begin
- The Archiver role must be on the same LAN as the video unit it controls.
- If you are using custom settings for the unit extension, such as custom logon credentials, you must configure the same extension settings on the new Archiver role.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, click .
- From the Unit type drop-down list, select Video unit.
- Select the units you want to move.
- Under Archiver, select the new Archiver role to control the unit.
- Click .
After you finish
Move any important video archives over to the new Archiver at a convenient time.