In Genetec Citigraf™, you can view alerts in Security Desk, either from the alert tray or in the Maps task.
Before you begin
What you should know
The alert tray lists the most recent alerts you can see in Security Desk, based on the alert viewing criteria you set (time, priority, and district). Changing the alert viewing criteria automatically updates the number of active alerts displayed in the notification tray and the alerts displayed in the Maps task.
Open the Maps task in Security
Alerts are displayed as colored icons on the map.
In the Security
tray, click the alert icon ().
The alert tray opens.
Set your alert viewing criteria:
- Display alerts for the past
- Enter how far back you want to see the alerts in the alert tray and on maps.
- Lowest priority
- The lowest priority alerts you want to see in the list. The higher the value, the lower the priority.
- District filter
- Select a district (or jurisdiction) name to only show alerts within that district.
- Click to refresh the alert list in the tray and the displayed alerts on the map.
Click to pin the alert tray to the
right of your Security
The alert tray stays pinned regardless which task you are viewing. Click to revert the alert tray to a floating window.
- Click an alert in the alert tray to highlight it (quick flashing for 3 seconds) on the map.
Click an alert icon on the map to open an overview window which displays the
alert ID, the time the alert was raised, the GPS coordinates, and so on.
The exact information displayed in the alert overview window depends on your data source.
Click the Investigate button to view the data that correlate with the
selected alert in a separate window.
Tip: You can also achieve the same result by double-clicking an alert in the alert tray or on the map.