To enhance your alert monitoring experience in Security Desk, you can configure your alert display preferences and save them in your user profile.
Install Genetec Citigraf™ Command.
Before you begin
Do one of the following:
- From the Security Desk home page, click .
- From an Alert details task, click at the upper right corner of the task window, then click .
In the Maps section, configure the alert display options
- Display alerts for the past
- Select how far back you want to go to look for alerts to display on maps.
- Lowest priority
- Set the lowest priority alert (default = 99, highest = 0) to be displayed on maps.
- Center maps on gunshots
- Turn this option on to center the map on new gunshot alerts.
Add the ESRI ArcGIS map layers that you want to view on your maps, as
- In the Additional layers section, click Add.
- In the Name column, enter the name of the map layer.
- In the Layer URL column, enter the URL of the map layer.
From the Type column drop-down list, select the
type of layer.
- A set of accessible tiles that reside on a server. Tile layers include pre-rendered Tile map raster tiles or Vector tiles vector tiles.
- A feature layer is a grouping of similar geographic features—for example, buildings, parcels, cities, roads, and earthquake epicenters. Features can be points, lines, or polygons (areas). Feature layers are most appropriate for visualizing data on top of your basemaps.
- Adds objects and data from a KML file. KML is an XML-based file format used to represent geographic features in applications such as ArcGIS Earth and Google Earth.
Turn the Is displayed option on to enable the
You can specify the opacity of the layer and the refresh rate.
- Turn the Clickable layer option on to make the layer clickable. When the user clicks on an feature, a property pop-up window will be displayed.
In the Alert details section, configure the alert display
options in the Alert details task:
- Query time window
- Select the amount of time before the event occurred for which you want to query related information.
- Query radius
- Select the radius for how much information surrounding the alert you want to see on the map.
- Playback length preceding alert
- Select the length of video to play back before the alert timestamp, for cameras found within the query radius.
- Playback timeline duration
- Select the timeline duration shown in the video tiles.
- Center map on selection
- Turn this option on to center the map on the selected alert.NOTE: If you are investigating an alert and you select a related social media post, the map re-centers on that item.
- Click Save.