Before you can use generic USB scanners with TagTracker, you must enroll them.
Before you begin
- Ensure that your generic USB scanner is connected and configured with a static IP address. For more information, see the documentation that came with your scanner.
- Ensure that the TagTracker Bridge is installed on your scanner workstation.
You can connect generic USB scanners to TagTracker using the TagTracker Bridge application.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool homepage, open the Plugins task.
- From the entity tree, select the TagTracker plugin.
.The Add TagTracker unit window opens.
In the Add TagTracker unit window, enter the unit configuration
From the Unit type list, select TagTracker
- Enter the scanner's static IP address and assign a port number.
- Click Add and close.
- From the Unit type list, select TagTracker Bridge.
- (Optional) To add more USB scanners, repeat steps 3 - 6 for the remaining scanners.
Your scanners are enrolled.
If your implementation uses cameras, associate them with the scanners.