The TagTracker plugin is a software module that integrates bar code scanners into Security Center.
Architecture diagram for TagTracker integration
Components of TagTracker integration
- Datalogic scanner
- The Datalogic scanner connects to the TagTracker plugin role. The scanner reads tags and pushes the data to Security Center for reporting, live monitoring, or triggering live events.
- USB scanner
- The USB scanner connects to a workstation. The scanner reads tags and pushes the data to its connected host for reporting, live monitoring, or triggering live events.
- TagTracker Bridge software
- (USB scanners) TagTracker Bridge software is installed on a workstation and used with a generic USB scanner to push scanned data to Security Center.
- Video verification
- (Optional) You can associate a camera with the scanner. You can overlay video feeds with read codes or bookmarks.
- TagTracker Plugin
- The TagTracker plugin is installed on a Security Center server and runs as a plugin role.
- Config Tool
- The TagTracker plugin is also installed on a Config Tool workstation. The Security Center administrator uses Config Tool to create and configure the plugin role.
- Security Desk
- The TagTracker plugin is installed on all Security Desk workstations. Security Desk operators can live monitor scans and video feeds or create reports for tag activities filtered by scanner, full code, partial code, or time stamp.