When you receive a hit that is valid, you accept it. For example, if the matched plate for the hit is identical to the plate on the hotlist, you accept the hit.
What you should know
- In some configurations, Genetec Patroller™ automatically accepts and enforces every hit without any user interaction required. Genetec Patroller™ administrators can enable this option in Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool.
- When a hit is accepted and not enforced the plate that generated the hit is not removed from the hotlist. Therefore if the plate is read again, it will generate another hit.
- After you acknowledge a hit (accept or reject it) and choose whether to enforce it or not, Genetec Patroller™ removes it from the main list of unacknowledged hits.
- When a Sharp camera captures a license
plate read, the system notifies you by emitting a sound.NOTE: If the patrol vehicle is equipped with front and rear-facing cameras, the system might be configured to fuse the reads from the cameras. The fusion process delays the audible notification by about 3 seconds.
From the main Genetec
Patroller™ window, tap
The unacknowledged hit list appears in the plate review reel.
- Tap a hit and review the information in the Hit panel and Information panel.
Depending on which mode you are working in and how Genetec Patroller™ is configured, you may be required to provide additional information when accepting a hit.
If applicable, specify whether to Enforce the hit by clicking
Enforce or Do not Enforce.
Depending on which mode you are working in and how Genetec Patroller™ is configured, when a hit is enforced you may be required to enter additional information.
- Tap Go live and continue patrol.