The Zones window lets you select a zone to enforce.
Configure an enforcement area (parking lot) for each enforcement rule (i.e. overtime rule) in Security Center.
Before you begin
A zone is defined by the enforcement area (parking lot), and the enforcement rule that applies to that area (overtime rule or permit restriction). You can select a zone manually, or let Genetec Patroller™ automatically select it for you using the Auto-selection option.
What you should know
Patroller™ combines both the parking lot name
and the enforcement rule to create the zone name. For example, the zone name Genetec -
Overtime Zone breaks down as follows:
- This is the name given to the parking lot in Security Center.
- Overtime zone
- This is the name given to the overtime rule or permit restriction in Security Center.
- You may have more than one rule to choose from, so you need to know which rule applies to your patrol area. If you’re using a rule and permit list together, make sure to choose the ones that correspond to each other.
- If a rule cannot be enforced it will be greyed out. For example, if you’re patrolling on a weekday, a rule that applies only on weekends will be greyed out. If you have a large list of rules loaded in Genetec Patroller™, this helps you see which rules you can actually enforce at the time you’re patrolling.
- When you select a parking zone (either linked to a permit or a permit restriction rule), if your system is registered to use Plate link, a Downloading reads message is displayed. To ensure that all shared permit violations are detected, wait until the # reads downloaded message is displayed and the Plate link icon displays a check mark () before continuing your patrol.
- In the main Genetec Patroller™ window, tap Zones.
- Select the zone you want to enforce.
Click Cancel at any time to return to the main window and None to clear the currently selected overtime rule.
After you select the zone to enforce, do a Genetec Patroller™ pass through the zone to log the parked vehicles’ positions. If you’re using a permit restriction, you may get hits on your first pass. If you’re using an overtime rule, you’ll need to do a second pass when the vehicles are due for enforcement. You can tap Show due in the Genetec Patroller™ Main window to see which vehicles are due for enforcement and where they are located.