After associating the service user with the OnGuard system user account, you can use the OnGuard sample VBDemo tool to verify that the DataConduIT is accessible from the OnGuard plugin server.
- On the Lenel OnGuard server, open the DataConduIT samples folder, which is installed by default in C:\Program Files (x86)\OnGuard\doc\en-US\DataConduIT Samples\.
- Copy the VBDemo\ folder to the Genetec OnGuard plugin server.
- From the VBDemo\ folder, run the SampleDataConduIT.exe application.
- Click File > Login, and log in using the server name and the credentials for the service account. Ensure there are no errors.
- Click File > Receive Alarms, and then verify that live alarms are coming into the server. Ensure there are no errors.
If there were errors, do the following:
- Verify that the service user has WMI access right on the OnGuard server.
- Verify firewall settings.
- Verify that the server that is being connected has the DataConduIT service running and sufficient DataConduIT licenses on the OnGuard server.
- If you still cannot connect, consult the troubleshooting section of the OnGuard DataConduIT guide.