The OnGuard plugin integrates OnGuard access control systems with Security Center.
The OnGuard system sends access control events to Security Center through the OnGuard plugin. The plugin forwards these events, and converts them into Security Center events and alarms. It also receives Security Center queries and report requests.
Components of OnGuard integration
- OnGuard Plugin
- The OnGuard plugin is installed on a Security Center server and runs as a plugin role.
- Config Tool
- The OnGuard plugin is also installed on a Config Tool workstation. The Security Center administrator uses Config Tool to create and configure the plugin role.
- Security Desk
- The OnGuard plugin is installed on all Security Desk workstations.
- OnGuard proxy
- The proxy is installed as part of the plugin on the OnGuard server. The proxy connects Security Center to the OpenAccess API, which retrieves information from the OnGuard database and sends it to Security Center. The proxy must be installed on a workstation within the OnGuard ecosystem in order to access the OpenAccess API.
- OnGuard server
- The OnGuard server hosts the OnGuard services, including the OpenAccess API service.