You notice that alarms triggered in AMAG Symmetry are not triggered in Security Center.
This issue might happen for following reasons:
- Alarms are not configured in Symmetry SMS.
- Alarms are not assigned to recipients in the plugin role.
- Alarms are set to be ignored by the plugin role.
Solution 1: Make sure alarms are processed by Symmetry SMS
In Symmetry SMS, you choose if an activity is an alarm, an event, or ignored.
- Open Symmetry SMS and make sure the alarm is being reported.
- If the alarm is not being reported, go to Operation > Alarms > Reporting Selection, and set the required activity to be reported as an alarm.
Solution 2: Assign recipients to alarms in the plugin role
- In Config Tool, open the AMAG Symmetry plugin role, on the Properties tab, under Alarm recipients, add all users who must be notified of the alarm.
- Open the Alarms task, select a Symmetry alarm entity, click Properties, and make sure that the alarm recipients you added are in the Recipients list.
Solution 3: Make sure alarms are processed by the plugin
- In Config Tool, open the AMAG Symmetry plugin role, on the Ignored Events tab, make sure that the alarm you want triggered in Security Center are in the Processed events list.
- In Security Desk, open the Monitoring task, and then make sure that the entities for which you want to receive the events are in the Event monitoring list.
- In Security Desk, click Options > Events, make sure that Custom event and its Display in tile option are selected, and then click Save.
- Make sure that each missing alarm and its Display in tile option are selected.
- Click Save.
Solution 4: Restart the plugin role, the plugin server, and the proxy service
If your have tried the previous solutions, and the problem persists, try each of the following:
- Restart the AMAG Symmetry plugin role.
- Restart the server on which the plugin role is running.
- Restart the AMAG Symmetry proxy service.