To monitor and control DMP intrusion panels from Security Center, you must install the DMP intrusion panel extension on a Security Center server and on all client workstations.
Ensure the following:
Before you begin
What you should know
- Although it is possible to host the Intrusion Manager role on any server, it is a best practice to host that role on a dedicated expansion server for best system performance.
- If you already have an Intrusion Manager role set up, install the extension on that server.
- For your operators to have access to the features added by this extension, you must install this extension on all Security Center client workstations.
- Open the GTAP Product Download page.
- From the Download Finder list, select your version of Security Center.
- Search for your package by name and download it.
Click the downloaded .exe file to unzip it.
By default, the file is unzipped to C:\Genetec.
- Stop all Genetec™ applications, including Genetec™ Server, Security Desk, and Config Tool.
- Open the extracted folder, right-click the setup.exe file, and click Run as administrator.
- Follow the installation instructions.
On the Installation Wizard Completed page, click
IMPORTANT: The Restart Genetec™ Server option is selected by default. You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec™ Server immediately. However, you must restart the Genetec™ Server to complete the installation.
If it is not already done, create the Intrusion Manager role.