To manage the Otis CompassPlus™ Destination Management system from Security Center, you connect to the Destination Entry Server (DES).
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the plugin role from the entity browser, and click the Properties tab.
In the Security system section, configure the
- Enables communication between the
CompassPlus™ system and Security
Center. NOTE: This option should only be disabled when configuring the Otis Compass plugin or servicing the CompassPlus™ system.
- Local address
- The IP address of the server that hosts the plugin role on the Otis network.
- ICD version
- Select the Interface Control Document (ICD) version that your CompassPlus™ system uses.
IMPORTANT: You must select an ICD version that is equal to or lower than the ICD version of the CompassPlus™ system, or the Otis Compass plugin role goes into a warning state.
- Version 1
- Does not support rear door sides for elevator cars, PIN credentials, receiving elevator dispatch events from a , dividing your building (DES segmentation), or using Otis readers.
- Version 2
- Does not support Otis readers.
- Version 2.2
- Supports all of the features of version 2 plus the unicast heartbeat.
- Version 3
- Supports all CompassPlus™ features. For more information, see your Otis CompassPlus™ documentation.
- Version 3.1
- Supports all of the features in version 3 plus the unicast heartbeat.
For CompassPlus™ versions 2.2 and 3.1:
- Use unicast heartbeat
- Enable this option for the plugin to use a dedicated unicast connection to get a heartbeat message from the CompassPlus™ system. Disable this option to send the Otis system heartbeat through the multicast group. Disabled is the default.
Once connected, the DES sends a datagram that contains the Otis system architecture for that subnet. From this information, the plugin automatically synchronizes the infrastructure hardware.