To connect to the SharpV web portal using an HTTPS connection, you must obtain a certificate that is either self-signed or issued by a trusted certificate authority (CA) and install it on the SharpV camera.
What you should know
To encrypt connection to the Sharp Portal using a self-signed certificate:
- On the machine where you want to register the certificate, log on as an Administrator.
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, select the Security page.
- From the Certificate section, select + Self-signed.
Enter the required information for the certificate and click
The message Operation succeeded is displayed and the signing request is added to the certificate list.
- The Country field requires a two-letter country code.
- If you are also using the certificate to connect to the Archiver, the Sharp's common name (Sharp's IP address if connecting to the Archiver) defined in the certificate must be the Sharp unit's IP address, not the Sharp name.
- Click the Active button for the certificate.
Click Save and reboot and click
OK to confirm the reboot.
NOTE: Depending on the browser you are using, you might receive warnings because the certificate is not signed by a trusted certificate authority.
To install the certificate on a workstation:
- Click on the certificate to display the Certificate details.
Click Download certificate and save the certificate file as
prompted by your browser.
- Double-click the certificate.cer file and click Install Certificate.
The Certificate Import Wizard
prompts you to select a store location. Select Local
Machine and click Next.
The wizard prompts you to select the certificate
store you want to use. Select Place all certificates in the following
store and click Browse.
From the Select Certificate
Store window, select Trusted root certification
Authorities and click OK.
Click Next to continue, and click
Finish to close the wizard.
The system displays the message: The import was successful.
- Close all web browsers and open the Windows Task Manager to ensure that no browser processes are running in the background.
Log on to the Sharp
Portal. You are automatically logged
on in HTTPS mode.
A lock icon () in the browser's address bar indicates that you are now logged on to the camera with a secure connection.