If you import data sources that contain cardholders, cardholder groups, or credentials that have an equivalent in Security Center, you get duplicated entities. To avoid getting duplicates, create a Security Center data source that specifies the fields to use as global keys. Entities that share the same data in a global key field are considered to be the same entity, so they are merged during synchronization. A global key can be any field that contains unique data for each entity; for example, an employee's ID or email address.
Before you begin
- Read How merging entities works.
- From Server Admin, back up the Directory database.
- Remove any duplicate entities already in Security Center.NOTE: Only the first matching entity is merged. If there are duplicates in Security Center now, there will still be duplicates after the merge.
- Prepare your external data source and choose the fields that will be the global keys, as described in:
What you should know
- It is strongly recommended that you test a merge on a staging system first.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the Card Synchronization plugin role from the entity browser, and click the Properties tab.
- In the Synchronization section, turn off Automatic synchronization.
- In the Data sources section, click Add data source ().
From the Source list, select
Security Center, and then click
Give a name to this data source, and then click
On the Configuration page, do the following:
- Select the Resolve data source relationships using global keys check box.
In the Global key fields section, for each
entity type, select one or more fields that serve as the global key. The
default fields are:
- Cardholder unique ID
- The globally unique identifier (GUID) of a cardholder in Security Center.
- Cardholder email
- The email address of a cardholder.
- Cardholder full name
- The first and last name of a cardholder.
- Cardholder group unique ID
- The globally unique identifier (GUID) of a cardholder group in Security Center.
- Cardholder group email
- The email address for a cardholder group.
- Cardholder group name
- The name of a cardholder group.
- Credential unique ID
- The globally unique identifier (GUID) of the credential in Security Center.
- Credential name
- The name of the credential in Security Center.
- Credential value
- The raw hex value of the credential in Security Center.
- Confirm that this Security Center data source and all other imported data sources are using the same fields as global keys.
On the Properties page, under
Synchronization, turn on Automatic
- Click Apply.
If a synchronization does not automatically occur, click Synchronize