To enable users to use the Barco CMS task and perform other actions in Security Desk, you must grant the user specific privileges.
Only users who are members of the Administrators group can configure user privileges in Config Tool. For more information about Security Center user privileges, see Assigning privileges to users.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the User management task.
- Select the user you want to configure and click the Privileges tab.
expand the General privileges, and grant the privileges
needed for the actions the user performs:
- Access to the Barco CMS activities report
- Access the Barco CMS activities report.
- Access to the Barco CMS task
- Access the Barco CMS task.
Under Barco CMS, expand the Task
privileges, and grant the privileges needed for the actions the
- Add perspectives
- Add Perspectives to displays.
- Modify displays
- Show and hide Perspectives on displays.
- Share/Unshare perspectives
- Show the selected Perspective on displays or hide the selected Perspective from displays.
- Modify perspectives
- Add, remove, re-size, rename, and move sources within a Perspective. Delete sources and Perspectives. Modify grid settings for a Perspective.
- Delete perspectives
- Delete Perspectives from the system.
- Delete video sources
- Delete video sources from the system.
- Lock/unlock perspectives
- Lock and unlock a Perspective. Once locked, a Perspective cannot be modified by users who do not have this privilege.
- Save perspectives as copy
- Copy an existing Perspective from the system, even if it is locked, and modify the copy.
- Click Apply.