For cardholders to have specific access to doors and lockers, you must apply SALTO permissions to their credential.
Assign a key or mobile credential to the cardholder.
Before you begin
You cannot apply SALTO Hospitality credentials to a Security Center cardholder.
What you should know
- In Config Tool or Security Desk, open the Cardholder management task.
- Double-click a cardholder profile.
In the Salto section, select the SALTO permissions that you want to apply to the
- Override privacy
- Enables cardholders to unlock a door or locker that is in privacy mode.
- Override lockdown
- Enables cardholders to unlock a door or locker that is in lockdown mode.
- Set lockdown
- Enables cardholders to put a door or locker in lockdown mode.
- If office mode is in use, a cardholder with permission to open the door must enter the building before all other cardholders. After the initial card swipe, the door remains unlocked.
- Use antipassback
- Prevents a cardholder from entering an area that they have not yet exited from.
- Super user
- Enables a cardholder to unlock a door or locker without entering a PIN.
- Enable credential revalidation
- Cardholders must revalidate their credential at a SALTO reader within the defined revalidation period. Otherwise, the credential stops working. When a key credential is assigned, this option is selected by default.
Enter the maximum period that the cardholder has to revalidate their credential
at a SALTO reader.
- In the Revalidation period field, enter a number.
- From the Revalidation period's unit list, select Hours or Days.
Enter the authorization codes associated to the cardholder.
NOTE: Authorization codes are codes read by long distance readers. For example, the code on the parking sticker of a car that is scanned when entering a parking lot.
- Click Save and close.
The SALTO permissions are applied to the credential.