Before you create a SALTO Virtual Network plugin role in Config Tool, you must ensure that the plugin has a secure connection with its database.
Download and install the plugin.
Before you begin
What you should know
- This task is optional but is highly recommended.
- When you create a SALTO Virtual Network plugin role in Config Tool, the plugin does not support the Encrypt connections option to be configured. You must manually enforce encryption to protect data in transit.
- This encryption is configured on SQL Server Configuration Manager and affects all databases on SQL server instance.
- If the encryption is not configured, then ensure that the plugin, its database and the SALTO system are all on the same closed network.
- From the SQL Server Configuration Manager, select and expand SQL Server Network Configuration.
Right-click Protocols for <SQL_instance> and select
Tip: <SQL_instance> is the SQL server hosting the SALTO Virtual Network plugin database.
- Under the Flags tab, set Force Encryption to Yes.
- Click Ok and restart the SQL Server service.
SALTO Virtual Network plugin is configured with an encrypted connection with its database.