Based on the license plate and context images, Sharp cameras can provide analytical information such as the speed, type, and color.
NOTE: The vehicle make, vehicle type, and vehicle color anaytics are generated by the AutoVu™ Machine Learning Core (AutoVu MLC™). The accuracy of these analytics improve as AutoVu MLC™ continues to develop.
- Confidence score
- The Sharp assigns a numerical value (from 0 to 100) to each license plate read. This value tells you how confident the Sharp is in the accuracy of the read. A value of 100 indicates the highest confidence. License plates that contain similar characters such as 8 and B are more difficult to read and generally produce reads with a lower confidence score.
- Certain license plates have sections that contain numbers or text that have a specific meaning. For example, a number that represents a city or a borough.
- The Sharp with the corresponding ALPR contexts can read these sections and display the result in the "Prefix" value.
- Relative motion
- The Sharp can detect if the vehicle is
getting closer or moving away.NOTE: This analytic is generally not used with mobile Sharp units.
- Sharp cameras are able to estimate a vehicle’s approximate speed.
- For a mobile AutoVu™
installation, the Genetec
Patroller™ vehicle must be
stopped for this feature to work.NOTE: This analytic is generally not used with mobile Sharp units.
- Vehicle make
Sharp cameras can recognize the make of certain
vehicles, for example, Ford or Honda.NOTE: The Sharp must see the vehicle’s logo for this feature to work.
- Vehicle type from plate
- Certain license plates include character symbols that identify specific vehicle types, for example, taxi, transport, and so on. The Sharp can read these symbols from the ALPR image, and display the vehicle type along with the other read and hit information.
- Vehicle type
- Sharp cameras can detect the vehicle type based on the context image. The system can detect if the vehicle is a bus, passenger vehicle, motorcycle, pickup, truck, or a work van. If the vehicle type cannot be detected, the vehicle is flagged as "unknown".
- Vehicle color
- Sharp cameras can detect the vehicle color
based on the context image. The system can detect black, white, blue, brown, green,
gray, orange, red, and yellow. Colors are also assigned light, neutral, or
dark according to the color analysis.NOTE: At night, only light, neutral, or dark are detected.