Enable and configure overtime enforcement, wheel imaging (if applicable), and related settings.
- Use overtime
- Turn on to enable the use of overtime rules.
- Click to configure the Advanced overtime settings:
- Link read persistence duration
- Enter the amount of time that a plate read stored in the Genetec
Patroller™ database is considered to be
a “time 1” read for a particular overtime rule.
For example, if you enter 8 hours, which is a typical patrol shift. You start your shift and select OT_Rule1. You do your first pass and read plate ABC123 at 9:00 a.m. This is now “time 1” for the rest of the day (until 5:01 P.M.). Even if you close and restart Genetec Patroller™, the “time 1” for plate ABC123 for OT_Rule1 will be 9:00 a.m. If you start Genetec Patroller™ after the duration (8 hours in this example), the 9:00 a.m. read is no longer considered to be a “time 1” read.NOTE: When a long-term overtime rule is configured, the Link read persistence duration field is ignored. The availability of license plate reads is controlled by the Number of days defined in the overtime rule settings in Security Center Config Tool.
- Minutes to due vehicles
- Enter the amount of time before the vehicles are due for enforcement. This value determines the Show Due functionality in Genetec Patroller™. The default is 5 minutes.
- Preferred Long Term Overtime zone
- If you have more than one long-term zone configured in Security Center, you must type the name of the zone you want Genetec Patroller™ to display, since you can only enforce one zone at a time. This value is not case-sensitive.
- Enable logs
- Turn on to enable logs related to overtime enforcement. This option should only be used for troubleshooting and technical support, if required.
- Same position tolerance
- This is a buffer used for “Same position” overtime rules. It is the distance that Genetec Patroller™ considers to be a single postion or parking space.
- Auto accept overtime hits
- Turn this on if you want Genetec Patroller™ to accept hits with no user action. With this feature enabled, the operator cannot manually edit the plate read before it is accepted.
- Bypass hit enforcement
- Turn on to bypass the additional step of enforcing a hit after accepting it. When turned on, Genetec Patroller™ assumes you enforced the hit, and will not display the Enforced/Not enforced prompt.
- Auto enforce overtime hits
- Turn on for Genetec
Patroller™ to run in
unattended mode. Hits are automatically accepted and enforced without requiring
user interaction. NOTE: If you’ve configured Hit reject reasons, they are ignored when you turn this setting on.
- Apply overtime rule to permit holders
- Turn this on for locations where parking access can be bought for a limited period. In this configuration, if a plate is read once and is not on the selected permit list, a hit will be generated. However, if it is on the list, no hit will be generated on the first read. The second read will determine if the time limit is exceeded and if a hit is generated. If this option is disabled, permit holders do not generate violations.
- Use tire images
- Turn on to use wheel imaging. Wheel images are saved to the in-vehicle computer.
- Wheel imaging enforced
- Select whether wheel imaging is enforced or not from the drop-down list:
- The user is required to verify wheel images for both passes in order to enforce a hit.
- The user can enforce a hit without verifying wheel images.
- Tire cam-to-plate distance
- Specify the distance (in meters) from the tire camera to the vehicle license plate when the car is parked. The default parallel distance is 4 meters, and the default 45 degree angle distance is 3 meters.
- Maximum vehicle length
- Specify the length of the longest vehicle that can be processed when the car is parallel parked. The default parallel distance is 11 meters, and the default 45 degree angle distance is 5 meters.
- Distance travelled before saving
- Specify the distance that must be travelled before saving a tire image when the car is parallel parked. The default parallel and 45 degree angle distance is 0.3 meters.