This section explains how to install Genetec Patroller™ software which is generally installed on the patrol vehicle's in-vehcile computer.
Before you begin
- Double-click Setup.exe in the root folder of the Genetec Patroller™ installation package.
- Select the installation language (English or French), and click OK.
- If you are prompted to install any missing prerequisites, click Install. A reboot might be required.
- Once the prerequisite software is installed, In the InstallShield Wizard Welcome window, click Next.
- Read and accept the License Agreement, and then click Next.
- In the Language Selection page, select the user interface language for AutoVu™Genetec Patroller™ applications, and click Next.
- Select the default installation folder, and then click Next, or click Change to choose a different installation folder.
- In the Select Type window, select Complete or Custom installation.
- If performing a Custom installation, click the Component icon to display a list of installation choices. Select a component in the list. Under Feature Description, the requirements for each component are displayed. To remove the component, click This feature will not be installed on local hard drive.
- To display the available space on the disk volumes of your machine, click Space.
- In the Patroller Connectivity page, select whether you want Genetec Patroller™ to connect to Security Center or run in stand-alone mode.
- If you chose to have Genetec Patroller™ connect to Security Center, select the Genetec Patroller™ configuration you want to install.
In the Maps Configuration Selection window, select whether
to install maps or not.
NOTE: Maps are mandatory for City and University parking enforcement.
In the Database Server Selection window, do one of the
- If SQL database server is not installed on the computer, select
Install a new database server.
This option will install Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Edition and create a database instance called SQLEXPRESS.
- If SQL database server is installed on the computer, and you would like to use this database, select Use an existing SQL database server. In the Database Server list, select the existing SQL Server name.
- If SQL database server is not installed on the computer, select Install a new database server.
You’ll be prompted to select your database server authentication method:
- Windows Authentication
- Only users with Windows administrator privileges on the Patroller computer will be able to access the Genetec Patroller™ database.
- SQL Server and Windows Authentication (mixed mode)
- This is the recommended authentication method. It allows users that don’t have Windows administrator privileges to access the Genetec Patroller™ database. You’ll need to choose a Login and Password for the Patroller application to be able to access the database.
- The login and password you choose will be embedded in the Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool Connection string.
You’ll be asked to select performance enhancement settings. For optimal database and image storage performance, it is recommended to select both options.
You’ll be asked to allow the setup program to automatically create firewall rules. This will open the required ports that Genetec Patroller™ needs to communicate with Security Center and the connected Sharp units.
If you don’t allow the setup program to open the ports, you’ll need to open them manually after the installation is complete.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
After you finish
- If you did not allow the setup program to automatically create firewall rules, then open the default ports to ensure that all AutoVu™ components can communicate with each other.
- If you have anti-virus software, it is recommended to add the following paths
and files to the exception list of your anti-virus software. Failure to do so
may result in slower performance from Patroller and extended software load times.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec AutoVu X.X
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server