If the mobile Sharp system includes navigation capabilities, you must configure and calibrate the system to ensure that accurate location information is associated with ALPR reads and hits.
These steps apply to the following systems:
What you should know
- SharpZ3 systems that include the navigation expansion module
- SharpX ALPR Processing Units that include the AutoVu™ navigation option
- Enable the AutoVu™ navigation settings in Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool. This is where you select your navigation hardware and configure system settings.
- Specify the position of the GNSS antenna and the navigation module relative to the center of the rear axle of the patrol vehicle to get accurate navigation values.
- Calibrate the AutoVu™ navigation hardware. This is where you drive the vehicle while following on-screen instructions to calibrate the system.