You can import or export the configuration settings from one Genetec Patroller™ instance to another, simplifying the deployment of multiple patrol vehicles.
What you should know
- Before you import settings, your current settings are saved to a zip file on the patrol vehicle computer’s desktop to be used as a backup if necessary.
- The imported Genetec Patroller™ settings will overwrite all current Genetec Patroller™ settings.
- If an error occurs during import, Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool will abort the import process and restore the old settings.
- Open Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool on the Genetec Patroller™ computer that is ready to export settings.
A zip file is created on the patrol vehicle computer’s desktop.
Copy the zip file to the patrol vehicle computer you want to configure.
NOTE: You can keep the file on a USB key or network drive if you choose, but it must be accessible by the patrol vehicle computer you want to configure.
- Open Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool on the patrol vehicle computer you want to configure.
- Click Import.
- Browse to the zip file with the Genetec Patroller™ settings you want to import.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
After importing the new settings, Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool closes. When you re-open it, the new settings are applied.