You need to configure Genetec Patroller™ and Security Center so the ALPR Manager can discover and communicate with the Genetec Patroller™ units it controls.
- From the home page in Security Center Config Tool, click , and then select the ALPR Manager you want to configure.
- Click the Properties tab, and then click Live.
- In the Listening port option, select the port to listen for connection requests coming from Patrollers.
To encrypt the communication between Security Center and Genetec
Patroller™ Config Tool, select the Encrypt
communication channel option.
IMPORTANT: This setting also needs to be applied in Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool.
- To allow Security Center to still accept incoming connections from Patrollers that do not have the encryption option enabled, select the Access non encrypted messages option.
- Click Apply.
- Open Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool.
- Go to Security Center, and turn on the Connect to Security Center option.
- Enter the IP address of the Security Center machine hosting the ALPR Manager role.
- Enter the Port number Genetec Patroller™ should use to connect to the ALPR Manager role.
- If you chose the Encrypt communication channel option in Security Center Config Tool, turn the on the Encrypt communication channel option.
- Select which Live events you want to send to Security Center.
- Beside Periodic transfer, specify how often hotlist and permit list changes are downloaded to Genetec Patroller™ (if you have a live connection). The default transfer period is every 240 minutes. You can disable Periodic transfer on specific hotlists (not permit lists) in Config Tool on the hotlist’s Advanced page. For more information, see the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- Click Apply.