Configure how Genetec Patroller™ connects to Security Center.
- Connect to Security Center
- Turn on to connect Genetec
Security Center. This is required
for all communication with the ALPR Manager role. For example, you need to be
connected to Security Center to do any
of the following:
- Send live updates to Genetec Patroller™ and connected Sharp cameras.
- Send hotlist modifications using periodic transfer.
- Send Genetec Patroller™ a new or modified hit accept survey.
You also need to be connected to Security Center in order to offload ALPR data wirelessly.NOTE: After you properly configure this setting, leave it on indefinitely. Genetec Patroller™ will connect to Security Center whenever a wireless connection is available (e.g. you are in range of the company WiFi network), and download any modifications or updates required.
- IP address
- Enter the IP address of the Security Center machine hosting the ALPR Manager role.
- Enter the port number Genetec
should use to connect to the ALPR Manager role.NOTE: You must also enter the same port number for the listening port in Security CenterConfig Tool. Go to the ALPR Manager Properties page, and then under Live, enter the Listening port.
- Encrypt communication channel
- Turn this setting on if you want to encrypt communication between Genetec
Patroller™ and Security Center.NOTE: To use this feature, you must also encrypt communication in Security CenterConfig Tool. Go to the ALPR Manager Properties page, and then under Live, select Encrypt communication channel.
- Update provider port
- Enter the port that Security Center
uses to send hotfixes and other updates to Genetec
Patroller™ and connected Sharp units. NOTE: To use this feature, you must also enter the same port number for the listening port in Security CenterConfig Tool. Go to the ALPR Manager Properties page, turn on Update provider, and then enter the Listening port.
- Live events
- Send hits live to Security Center
- Send reads live to Security Center.
- Unit position
- Send the position of the Genetec Patroller™ unit live to Security Center.
- Periodic transfer
- Specify how often hotlist and permit list changes are downloaded to Genetec
Patroller™ (if you have a live connection).
The default transfer period is every 240 minutes.NOTE: You can disable Periodic transfer on specific hotlists (not permit lists) in Security CenterConfig Tool on the hotlist’s Advanced page. For more information, see Creating hotlists.
- Use FIFO
- patrol vehicles that are configured to send live reads to Security Center must sometimes buffer plate reads and hits locally due to cellular communication loss. By default, when communication is re-established and the buffered reads and hits that are sent to Security Center, they are displayed in a last-in, first-out (LIFO) order in the Monitoring task. Turning on Use FIFO changes the order to first-in, first-out (FIFO).