To use a camera for Crowd estimation, you must define one or more monitoring regions in the camera's field of view.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- From the area view, select a camera that you applied an analytics scenario to.
- Click , and then click the Crowd estimation scenario to configure.
Click the Regions tab.
For a single region, define the shape as required:
- Click and drag the white dots to adjust the shape and position of the region.
(Optional) Add or remove dots:
- To add a dot, click on any line.
- To remove a dot, select it and click Remove
selection ().NOTE: Selected dots turn yellow. A region must contain at least three dots.
(Optional) Click Add region () to add another
region to the camera's field of view.
Multiple regions can be used to monitor different parts of the camera's field of view at the same time.
- (Optional) Update Region name with the name of the selected region.
In the Threshold section, configure the following
- Threshold event
- Enable or disable Crowd detected events.
- Min. count for event
- Sets the threshold for Crowd detected events. When the number of people in a region exceeds this value, a Crowd detected event is triggered.
In the Statistics section, enable or disable saving
statistics as Crowd size events.
NOTE: Statistics must be enabled to use Security Desk dashboard widgets.
- Click Apply.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.