It is important to protect your data by scheduling regular backups of the plugin database, and best practice to do so before upgrading the plugin.
Ensure you have the following privileges:
Before you begin
- View role properties
- Modify role properties
- Administration > Plugins
What you should know
- The Directory database stores the map objects you defined and associated with your RSA zones.
- The plugin role database stores the plugin properties, RSA zone and RSA perimeter configurations, tracking system and device configurations, and events associated with the tracking systems.
- It is a best practice to schedule all database maintenance during non-peak hours.
- From Server Admin, back up the Directory database.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Restricted Security Area Surveillance plugin role from the entity browser and click the Resources tab.
Click Backup/Restore (), choose the location for backup files, enable
automatic backups at least once per week, and then click
- Click Apply.