The Restricted Security Area (RSA) Surveillance plugin integrates third-party tracking systems into the Security Center ecosystem.
A tracking system for the RSA Surveillance plugin is a device or a system of devices used to monitor restricted areas to detect intrusions. There are two types of tracking systems. The first detects perimeter violations using sensors on the perimeter fence. The second detects foreign objects entering and moving through a restricted area using radar, lasers, cameras that have video analytics, and thermal sensors.
Administrator and operator tasks
You can use the plugin for the following:
- Use the Genetec™ tracking system to show intruders (called targets) on RSA zones when native Security Center events and custom events are generated.
- Track and monitor the speed and direction of targets in an RSA zone.
- Generate event-to-actions and alarms when a target is detected.
- Acknowledge targets to clear them from the map.
- Add cameras to RSA zones so that the closest and best camera automatically follows targets.
- Add schedules to RSA zones so that the RSA zones are armed when the schedule starts and disarmed when the schedule ends.
- Watch live video from the closest camera so you never lose sight of a target.
- Use the Genetec Mission Control™ to follow standard operating procedures when intruders are detected in RSA zones.