It is best practice to regularly change the logon password for the Synergis Cloud Link appliance.
What you should know
- The new password should be long, unique, and random. The Save button is not displayed until the system determines the password strength to be Strong or Very strong.
- If the Synergis Cloud Link appliance was already enrolled
in Security Center, it is recommended to
change the password using the Hardware inventory task in
Tool instead of the Synergis™ Appliance Portal. Security Center 5.10.1 is the minimum required
version to do this.
For more information, see Changing Synergis unit passwords in Config Tool.
- Log on to the Synergis Cloud Link appliance.
- Click .
- On the User configuration page, select a user.
- Enter the old password, and then enter and confirm the new password.
- Click Save.
- For appliances that were already enrolled in Security Center, change the password in Config Tool to synchronize the appliance with the Access Manager role it is connected to.
The new password is applied immediately.