You can use the four inputs on the Synergis Cloud Link appliance to monitor the physical installation of the appliance. For example, you can connect an input to a tamper switch on the enclosure in which the appliance is installed.
What you should know
- You can set a special behavior for each input. Each special behavior corresponds to
an event you can receive in the Monitoring task:
Special behavior Security Center event AC failure AC fail Tamper switch Hardware tamper Battery failure Battery fail
- You can view the state changes of the inputs on the I/O diagnostics page in the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- Select your Synergis Cloud Link unit, and click the Hardware tab.
Click the Onboard IO tab, and then configure the
- Special behavior
- The special behaviors determine the event you receive in the
Monitoring task when the input is in non-normal
state. By default, the special behavior is set to
None. Select one of the following:
- AC failure
- Tamper switch
- Battery failure
- Input configuration
- Select one of the following:
- Inputs are unsupervised by default.
- Three states
- Select one of the pre-configured options, which selects the Resistance range for you, or select Custom, and enter the Lower Limit (Ohms) and Higher Limit (Ohms) in ohms yourself.
- Four states
- Select one of the pre-configured options, which selects the Closed range and Open range for you, or select Custom, and enter the Lower Limit (Ohms) and Higher Limit (Ohms) values yourself.
- Click Apply.
- Click the Peripherals tab, and double-click the input you configured on the Hardware page.
- (Optional) In the Edit Input dialog box, enter a new name and logical ID.
Set the Contact type:
- Select Not supervised, 3 state supervised, or 4 state supervised to match the value you selected for the Input configuration on the Hardware page.
- Select Normally open or Normally closed.
- Click Save.
When an input is in an non-normal state, the Synergis Cloud Link unit turns yellow, and you receive an entity warning. If you were monitoring the Synergis Cloud Link unit and the special behavior events, you receive the event corresponding to the input's special behavior in the Monitoring task.