To enable the escape and return mode on doors controlled by Assa Abloy IP
locks, you must create a Boolean custom field named
Escape Return for doors,
and set it to TRUE on the doors on which you want to have this feature enabled.
Before you begin
- IN120 and IN220 8200 mortise lock with deadbolt. No other IN120 and IN220 locks support this feature.
- Passport 1000 P2 mortise lock with deadbolt. No other Passport 1000 P2 locks support this feature.
What you should know
- Unlock schedules
- Maintenance mode
- Manual unlock from Security Desk
- Temporarily override schedules from Security Desk
With the escape and return feature enabled, when a cardholder exits through a door, the door remains unlocked after it closes until the cardholder presents their access card to lock the door. If the cardholder does not present their card to lock the door, the door remains unlocked while they are gone. When the cardholder returns, they must present their access card to open the door. After they have entered, they must throw the deadbolt to lock the door.
Create a Boolean type
custom field for door entities, and name it
Escape Return.Spell the name exactly as it is written, with capital and lowercase letters, and include the space.
Open the Area view task and set the Escape
Return custom field to TRUE for all doors where this feature must be
Tip: If you need this feature enabled on many doors, we recommend using the Copy configuration tool.
(WiFi locks only) Trigger a radio wake up to activate the escape and return feature
on the lock.
You can trigger a radio wake by removing the lock's cover and pressing the button, or by presenting a denied credential.
Go through the escape and return mode cycle for a first time by exiting from
a door, and by presenting a valid credential after the door closes.
This causes the system to create the custom events that you can use to configure event-to-actions.
- Escape Return Mode Start
- Door unlocked by exiting or by entry with a valid credential.
- Escape Return Mode End
- Door locked with valid credential or by throwing deadbolt from the inner side of the door.