For the Synergis unit to communicate with the SharpV camera, you must enroll the camera on the Synergis unit in Security Center.
Before you begin
- Configure the SharpV camera to use HTTPS communication. For more information, see the Deployment Guide or Handbook for the camera you are installing.
- Install either the Genetec self-signed certificate or a signed certificate from a trusted certificate authority.
- If you are enrolling a SharpV camera, log on to the SharpV web portal and change the default password.
- Log on to the Synergis unit.
- Click .
- At the top of the Hardware column, click Add ().
- In the Add hardware dialog box, select AutoVu from the Hardware type list.
- Select a Channel.
- Enter the IP address of the camera.
Enter the Port of the camera.
The SharpV uses Port 443 for HTTPS communication with Security Center.
- From the Interface module type list, select SharpV.
Enter the Username and Password used to
access the SharpV web portal.
NOTE: For SharpV cameras, you cannot use the default password.
Click Add, then Save.
- On the Hardware configuration page, click the enrolled AutoVu camera, then click its channel and interface to display its properties.
- If you are using the SharpV outputs to control a vehicle access barrier, select whether the outputs are Normally open or Normally closed.
- Leave the HTTPS public key field empty. This information is added automatically based on the camera's certificate.
The Allow partial matches check box is selected by default. This
feature accepts plate reads that have one-character difference from a configured license
plate credential; this includes a single character insertion, deletion, or substitution,
at any place in the plate number. With this feature enabled, plate reads from dirty or
damaged license plates are more likely to be accepted.
In Config Tool, the SharpV camera is displayed on the Peripherals page of the Synergis unit, and the inputs and outputs are displayed under the SharpV camera.