Before you can configure a Synergis™ Cloud Link unit, you must perform some pre-configuration steps.
- Read the release notes for any known issues and other information about the release.
- Have a computer equipped with a network card, Ethernet cable, and a web browser.
- (Optional) Have the IP address assigned by your IT department to the Synergis Cloud Link unit.
- Configure the hardware settings (DIP switches, address dials, etc.) to their final position on the interface modules.
Connect the interface modules to the Synergis Cloud Link
unit through the proper communication channels.
NOTE: Because each hardware manufacturer uses a different communication protocol, all interface modules connected to the same RS-485 channel must be from the same manufacturer.
- Physical devices (REX, door sensors, etc.) should be connected as well, but can be replaced by test switches and LEDs during the configuration phase.
- Download the latest Synergis Cloud Link package from https://portal.genetec.com/support.
Install and configure Security Center with
at least one Access Manager role.
For information about deploying Synergis, see the Deploying your access control system.
Configure your Synergis Cloud Link unit.