During a debugging session, the support technician might ask you to perform a hard or a soft restart on the Synergis Cloud Link unit.
What you should know
- A hard restart, or system restart, is required when you experience hardware problems.
- A soft reboot, or a software restart, is rarely required. The Synergis Cloud Link unit automatically restarts its firmware after you change the firmware version. Manual software restarts are only used for debugging or support purposes.
- Log on to the Synergis Cloud Link unit.
From the Restart menu, select the desired restart
- To restart the unit's hardware, click System restart.
- To restart the unit's software, click Software restart.