The timeline appears below the video in a tile and provides a graphical representation of the contents in a video sequence.
With the video timeline, you can do the following:
- Move to a specific position within the timeline by clicking and dragging the timeline either left or right.
- Watch video that was recorded at a specific date and time by clicking and dragging the playback cursor either left or right on the timeline.
- Zoom in and out of the timeline to view the contents in your video sequence. You can zoom
in and out of the timeline as follows:
- 1By moving the mouse pointer over the timeline and using your mouse's scroll wheel
- 1By using the timeline's zoom control buttons ( and Silverlight video player only) to change the timeline scale
- After browsing backwards or forwards in the video you can recenter the timeline on the current time by using the center timeline buttons ( and HTML5 video player only).
|A||Timeline scale. In this example, the timeline scale is in increments of 5 minutes.
The timeline scale is displayed in seconds by default.
NOTE: 1The timeline scale changes according to the chosen zoom level.
|B||Green bars indicate motion. The bigger the bar, the more motion is present.|
|C||Grey background indicates that a recording is present.
NOTE: In the Silverlight video player this background is white.
|D||Black background indicates that no recording is present. The black background
appears in the following situations:
|E||Playback marker (orange). Slide the blue line to watch video sequences at different
points on the HTML5 video player
NOTE: In the Silverlight video player timeline, drag the orange box to watch video sequences at different points.
|F||Red ribbon icon () indicates the
presence of a bookmark. Red ribbon icon with a + () indicates the presence of nested
Tip: Moving the blue marker in the timeline near to a bookmark or below a bookmark on the timeline causes the cursor to jump to that bookmark in the timeline. The red ribbon icon () turns bright red () indicating that it is the currently active bookmark and displays the bookmark description. This is particularly useful when the timeline is zoomed out and you have a lot of bookmarks to review.
|G||Bookmark message and time stamp. Move the mouse pointer over the bookmark to make it appear.|
|H||Purple background indicates the future.|