If the state of the video unit does not change from Waiting for connection to Connected when adding your Axis video unit in Stratocast™, you can check the server settings of your Axis video unit.
Before you begin
- Ping the Axis dispatch servers from your Axis video unit.
- Check the default gateway of your Axis video unit.
- Check the DNS server addresses of your Axis video unit.
Open the video unit’s web page and log on. You must be
connected to your client's network to be able to access the video unit's web
IMPORTANT: For the duration that your video unit is enrolled in Stratocast™, use your video unit's owner authentication key (OAK) as the password to log on to your video unit's Axis web page. If your OAK contains hyphens, omit them when entering your password.
- Click .
From the Select group drop-down list,
select RemoteService and then click
- If a Stratocast™xxx.cloudapp.net address appears
in the Server list field, do the following:
- Delete the video unit from Stratocast™.CAUTION:If you delete a camera that is connected to a video encoder that has multiple cameras connected to it, all other cameras that are connected to that same video encoder are also deleted automatically.
- Wait ten minutes and try adding the video unit again. If problem persists, contact Stratocast™ support.
- Delete the video unit from Stratocast™.
- If a Stratocast™xxx.cloudapp.net address does not appear in the Server list field, restore the server settings of your Axis video unit.
- If a Stratocast™xxx.cloudapp.net address appears in the Server list field, do the following:
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.