Before adding a Mobotix camera to your client account, you must complete pre-installation steps such as validating that your camera model and firmware version are supported by Stratocast™, opening the default ports, and obtaining the MAC address of your camera.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Ensure that the video unit is Supported by Stratocast™ and that it is running the recommended firmware version for your device.
- Get the camera's MAC address, which is usually printed on a label located on the bottom of the camera. If you cannot find the MAC address, contact the camera manufacturer.
- Power on the camera, connect it to your network, and wait until it is online.
- Get the URL of the camera's web page and the user credentials to log in as the camera administrator.
Open the following outbound ports:
- Port 443
- Stratocast™ camera enrollment service (es.stratocast.com)
- Ports 22000
- Device load balancer
- Ports 22001 - 22050
- Upload camera video stream to Stratocast™
Best Practice: Use the Mobotix MxManagementCenter to identify your camera's IP
The utility scans the local network and lists the IP address of any cameras it finds.
Using the IP address found in MxManagementCenter, log into the camera's web
page by pasting the IP address for your camera into your browser address
NOTE: You can also access the Stratocast module by adding /Stratocast to the URL in your browser's address bar. The S in Stratocast must be uppercase: