To ensure transparency between you, your service provider, and Genetec™ personnel, as a client administrator you can verify whether others can monitor your Stratocast™ portal through remote monitoring features such as Federation™.
What you should know
- Click Configurations () and then click the Privacy tab.
The following fields indicate whether remote users can monitor your
IMPORTANT: For security purposes, these settings cannot be modified. In addition, these two settings are displayed only if your service provider has the required privileges to add Federation™ users and remote monitoring users, respectively.
- My Stratocast™ system is connected to a Security Center system
- Indicates whether a Security Center Federation user has been added to the client's account. Clients that are assigned as Federation users can view and control their Stratocast™ cameras from their local version of Security Desk. Only your service provider can add you as a Federation users.
- My Stratocast™ system is being monitored by a monitoring facility
- Indicates whether a remote monitoring user has been added to a client's account. Users that are assigned as remote monitoring users can manage their client accounts from their local installation of Security Desk. Only service providers can add remote monitoring users.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.