When a camera is dragged to a tile and is streaming live video, you can watch playback video captured by that camera.
On the View page, do one of the following:
The selected tile is maximized and the timeline is displayed at the bottom of the tile.
- Select a tile whose camera is streaming live video and click .
- To go to a specific time and date in a video recording, click
Seek (), and enter a range or a specific time and date for that
video recording.NOTE: In Silverlight video player the Seek button is displayed as .
In the video timeline, do one of the following:
The time and date of the playback video appears at the bottom left corner of the tile, alongside the time zone corresponding to the camera’s location.
- Move to a specific position within the timeline by clicking and dragging the timeline either left or right.
- Watch video that was recorded at a specific date and time by clicking and dragging the playback cursor either left or right on the timeline.
- Zoom in and out of the timeline to view the contents in your video sequence. You can zoom
in and out of the timeline as follows:
- 1By moving the mouse pointer over the timeline and using your mouse's scroll wheel
- 1By using the timeline's zoom control buttons ( and Silverlight video player only) to change the timeline scale
- After browsing backwards or forwards in the video you can recenter the timeline on the current time by using the center timeline buttons ( and HTML5 video player only).
To fast forward or rewind the video sequence, click or .
The video plays as fast as the network connection allows, which might be below the selected playback speed.NOTE: You can only fast forward and rewind video recordings that are stored in the cloud. NAS volumes and SD memory cards are not supported.
- To resume playback at normal speed, click .
- To zoom in and out of video in a tile, select the tile and use the zoom features that are supported by the camera that is capturing the video. The zoom features differ between fixed cameras and PTZ cameras.
To switch back to live video, click .
The tile returns to its normal size and live video is displayed.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.