If you have limited network bandwidth or want to decrease the risk of missing your video recordings, you can record and store your video directly on your video unit's SD card.
Before you begin
What you should know
Edge recording on video encoders is only supported for video encoders with a single channel input. As a result, if you have a video encoder that has multiple cameras connected to it, you cannot record on your video encoder's storage device; you must select one of the available cloud storage recording types.
- If your memory card is locked, unlock it. You cannot record video onto a memory card that is locked.
Insert the memory card in your video unit’s card slot and format the memory
IMPORTANT: For information about inserting and removing memory cards, always refer to the product documentation that is provided by your video unit manufacturer.
- Click Clients and then, from the Number of devices column, click the client account that the device is added to.
- On the client's Devices page, click the camera that you want to record on. If you inserted a memory card into a video encoder with a single channel input, select the camera that is connected to the video encoder. Recordings from this camera are stored on the video encoder's memory card.
From the Recording
drop-down list, select the following:
- Camera continuous
- Video is recorded continuously and is stored on the video unit’s SD memory card. This recording type can only be used for cameras that support edge recording on a camera.
- (Optional) Change the video configuration settings as required.
- Select Disabled from the Motion detection drop-down list. Motion detection must only be enabled for the Cloud on motion recording type.
- Click Save, or navigate back to exit the page and cancel your changes.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.