To temporarily allow or prevent access to elevator floors, you can use the Elevator widget to either override the elevator schedule or to deactivate (shunt) the elevator cabin reader. The elevator widget is enabled when an elevator entity is displayed in the selected canvas tile.
What you should know
- Override elevator schedules
- Required to override elevator schedules.
- Action privileges > Access control > Doors > Override unlock schedules > Maintenance mode
- Required to control elevator reader shunting.
To control the access to an elevator floor:
- From the Monitoring task, select a tile that is displaying an elevator ().
In the elevator widget, click Override elevator
The Override elevator schedules dialog box opens.
- In the Floor drop-down list, select the floors for which you want the schedules to be overridden.
Lock () or unlock () the selected floors for a specified period
- Click the first choice and enter a duration for the override to start immediately.
- Click the second choice and enter the specific time period you want the override to start and last.
- Click OK.
To prevent access to all elevator floors:
In the elevator widget, click the Reader () button, and click
The reader status is indicated in the elevator widget.Tip: To read the full status description, point at the Reader () button.
To re-activate the elevator cabin reader:
- Click again the Reader () button and select Activate.