You can investigate events related to cardholders (Access denied: Invalid PIN, First person in, Last person out, Antipassback violation, and so on), using the Cardholder activities report.
For example, if you want to see which areas, doors, and elevators a cardholder has access in the last day or week, you can search for that specific cardholder, and set a time range for your report. If there has been suspicious activity on your site in the last day, you can investigate which cardholders were denied access to an area by selecting the area, and the Access denied event.
What you should know
- From the home page, open the Cardholder activities task.
Set up the query filters for the report. Choose from one or more of the
- Restrict the search to specific
cardholders, cardholder groups, or visitors.NOTE: If you only select the All cardholders cardholder group, federated cardholders are not included. This is because All cardholders is a local cardholder group that only covers local cardholders.
- Restrict the search to specific credentials.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Doors - Areas - Elevators
- Restrict the search to activities that took place at certain doors, areas, and elevators.
- Select the events of interest. The event types available depend on the task you are using.
- Event timestamp
- Define the time range for the query. The range can be defined for a specific period or for global time units, such as the previous week or the previous month.
Click Generate report.
The cardholder events are listed in the report pane.
Show the corresponding video of an event in a tile by double-clicking or
dragging the item from the report pane to the canvas.
If there is no camera attached to the entity, the door, elevator, or area icon is displayed, depending on the type of cardholder event.
- Control the tiles using widgets in the Controls pane.